Construction Project ManagerBenefits Direct Hire Full time
A privately held company with both national and international locations is searching for a Construction Project Manager. With a single purpose to provide flexible, efficient and resilient data center solutions to businesses of all sizes, our client understands that customers’ demands are global and are securing data center campus sites to meet demands in both US and international locations where they deliver best-in- class data centers with speed and agility second to none.
- The Project Manager will be a critical member of the development team, responsible for ground-up development and construction of our client’s Data Center products.
- The project manager will focus on all stages of a project, with an emphasis on speed to market of all future inventory, quick project delivery, and cost effectiveness.
- The project manager will be responsible for professionally representing our client’s development department across multiple functions within the organization as well as outside of the company.
- This role will be the primary point of contact and communication for construction activities, acting as a leader to the general contractor/design team, and the primary liaison between our client and the construction/design teams.
- Ability to travel to data center sites, client meetings, trainings or conferences as requested and required.
- Ability and willingness to respond to emails and calls after hours in the event of an emergency or when required.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours when required.
- BA in Real Estate Development, Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience in real estate development and/or construction management; data center experience preferred.
- Electrical background strongly preferred.
- Background in complex commercial development required if no data center experience.
- Ability to solve problems using analysis, technical and organizational expertise.
- Ability to use independent judgement and sound decision-making skills in situations that impact project timetables, direction, and outcome.
- Ability to independently supervise a development, construction, or design project.
- Responsible attitude with strong work ethic; leading by example in attendance, attitude and technical work product.
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation and speaking skills; enjoys working with customers and external audiences.
- Strong teaming skills; works well across complex organizations and drives execution through collaboration and networking.
- Entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment; is excited by the chance to play a large, strategic role
- Assume turn key responsibility for a data center development project(s) from initial development through commissioning and turnover to operations.
- Assist with master planning, entitlement, and permitting processes.
- Draft and distribute RFPs for design disciplines and make award recommendations.
- Prepare and present development business plans.
- Coordinate and develop project budgets.
- Attend factory witness testing.
- Assist with contract negotiations.
- Assist with take offs and entitlements.
- Lead design process and development of construction documents including specifications.
- Work with design/construction teams to establish schedules.
- Build and leverage partnerships with architects, engineers, contractors, trade partners, equipment vendors, local municipalities, etc.
- Coordinate design constructability, maintainability, and strategy with operations group.
- Communication with adjacent property owners and neighborhood groups as needed.
- Assist with utilities planning and coordination.
- Manage budgeting process throughout the life of the project.
- Produce management reports relative to development projects.
- Supervision of project participants as needed.
- Attend project OAC meetings (among others) and liaise action items between our client and design/construction teams.
- Champion our client’s initiatives on all projects.
- Develop creative solutions and innovations to help streamline processes.
- Team player.
- Positive attitude.
- Self-starter with independent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Innovative and forward thinking; not accepting the “status quo”
- Strong command of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong quantitative skills (Excel, budgeting, project cost controls).
- All candidates chosen for consideration must submit to and pass a background check.
- All employees hired must sign and adhere to our client’s Code of Conduct, and Employee Confidentiality Agreement.
Home Base Recruiting Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.