Client Payroll Service SpecialistDirect Hire Full time
Our client is an employee owned company searching for a Client Payroll Service Specialist. As a human resources and payroll technology consulting firm, our client has an outstanding reputation for Payroll/HR compliance and process knowledge and use of technology to support these efforts. They provide managed payroll services to a number of mid-sized organizations utilizing Ceridian Dayforce, UltiPro and Workday payroll and are dedicated to quality customer service within a professional, yet casual working environment. Client organizations range in size from 50 to 5,000 employees.
- Provide expert payroll administration service, including day-to-day functional and/or payroll support to achieve accurate payroll results.
- Assess client payroll practices and define areas for improvement (including improved system utilization, user training needs, and/or process re-engineering).
- Accurately key all payroll related client data necessary to process and meet schedules. Process required client interfaces, files and reports.
- Maintain knowledge of the payroll processing system and changes in compliance laws to foster a trusted relationship with our clients.
- Define and document proper procedures for payroll processing.
- Responsible for researching and resolving client payroll and system issues, auditing, assessing client payroll practices and define areas for improvement (including improved system utilization, user training needs, and/or process re-engineering). Take appropriate measures to mitigate risk for clients.
- Audit payroll data for inconsistencies/inaccurate entries, reconciling to maintain payroll integrity
- Create reports using client payroll software and/or common Microsoft products (Excel, Access, etc.).
- Provide assistance on pay rules definition and system configuration / maintenance.
- Establish a positive working relationship with clients and coworkers to promote a high-quality customer service team to maintain high rate of client satisfaction and retention.
- Maintain client files.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Related industry designation (FPC, CPP).
- 2+ years of payroll administration, full life cycle payroll processing, experience (US, Canada a plus).
- 2 years of major industry Payroll/HCM system experience (Ceridian Dayforce or Ultimate’s UltiPro web/backoffice a plus).
- Solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws (compliance/regulations).
- Experience working with or for mid- to large-size, complex or multi-state organizations.
- Ability to ‘zoom in’ to detail.
- Strong people skills. Ability to build trust and relationships; create a collaborative/consultative style with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Communicate openly, honestly, and respectfully with diverse audiences.
Our client is looking for an experienced payroll professional who likes variety and possesses a passion for quality service.
Home Base Recruiting Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.