CA Licensed Clinical Social WorkerDirect Hire Home Base Recruiting
Title: Clinical Social Worker
Our client is an independent, national nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children and families struggling with mental health and learning disorders. Their teams work every day to deliver the highest standards of care, advance the science of the developing brain and empower parents, professionals and policymakers to support children when and where they need it most.
They are a multidisciplinary team of psychologists, psychiatrists, neuropsychologists, social workers, speech-language therapists and learning specialists who work closely to ensure each family gets the care and attention they need. Our clinicians are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of children and adolescents with emotional, behavioral, and developmental disorders.
We are currently looking for Clinical Social Workers to join our organization in the ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center, Mood Disorders Center, Anxiety Disorders Center and Autism Center. Each center offers cutting edge, evidence-based and tailored treatment services for children, adolescents, and young adults suffering from a wide range of mental health and learning disorders. Successful candidates will work collaboratively across centers and provide treatment and care for a wide range of case presentations.
The Clinical Social Worker reports to the centers’ Senior Director and is an exempt, full-time position located in their San Mateo, CA clinical center.
Our client is proud to be named a Great Place to Work-Certified company! Our competitive compensation and benefits include medical insurance, 401(k) with match, flexible work schedules, paid parental leave, dependent care and discounted tickets and entertainment perks program
- Provide comprehensive diagnostic evaluations and evidence-based treatment to children and adolescents
- Conduct family-based interventions with parents and other family members and maintain collateral contacts with educators and other providers
- Collaborate with other clinicians and our board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrists on cases requiring pharmacotherapy
- Provide clinical supervision to trainees
- Conduct workshops, presentations, and webinars on children’s mental health topics for community outreach
- Other related duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree from an accredited program in Social Work
- New York or California LCSW certification required or certification in progress
- 3 – 5 years of licensed experience preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following evidence-based treatments and evaluation tools
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) (strongly preferred)
- Behavioral parent training interventions such as Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), Parent Management Training (PMT), Positive Parenting Program (Triple P)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Radically Open DBT
- Exposure and response prevention (ERP)
- Trauma-focused CBT
- Mindfulness-based interventions
- Semi-structured evaluation tools (ADI-R, ADOS-2, Kiddie-SADS)
- Demonstrated experience with professional writing and public speaking preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals/groups
- Flexible thinking with the ability to work with challenging cases in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the desire to serve and work to fulfill the mission of Child Mind Institute
Home Base Recruiting Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment based on race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sex stereotype, gender identity/gender expression/transgender (including whether or not you are transitioning or have transitioned) and sexual orientation.